5 best drinks that can help you lose belly fat and get a flat tummy.
Infused water is my favorite belly fat burning drink to lose tummy fat and reduce bloating.
With particular fruits, herbs, and veggies, infused water can also have detoxifying effects.
Not only those detox infused water helps you hydrate your body, but it can also aid your fat loss.
Take cucumber-infused water for example. It combines cucumber, lemon, and mint to effectively flush out toxins and melt off fat.
But it’s not just what you infuse the water with that’s key.
Water itself brings detox and fat burning benefits. Water has cleansing effects, brings satiety and prevents overeating.
By pairing that with antioxidative produce, you see greater detoxifying effects. Together, you’ll clean your body, boost metabolism, and increase fat burn.
If you routinely lack nutrients in your daily diet, detox infused water is also a great way to replenish.
With the right ingredient pairings, detox water brings the benefits of vitamin water.
If you are looking to lose belly fat and detoxify your body to up your metabolism, here are the best 5 recipes you must try.
5 Best Belly Fat Burning Detox Infused Water Recipes:
1. Cucumber Infused Water
Cucumber water is my go-to detox infused water recipe.
The main ingredient, cucumber is an ideal fruit to infuse water with. It not only adds a refreshing taste to the water but also brings many other health benefits.
While 96% of cucumber is water, this fruit is full of fiber, vitamin B-5, and pantothenic acid. Its antioxidant properties are often used in acne treatment (1).
In this belly fat infused water, cucumber works to add satiety and flush out toxins. By pairing with other superfoods like ginger, aloe vera, and herbs, it’s a fat-burning drink you can’t miss.
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 bunch of mint, washed
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 tbsp sliced ginger
- 1 stick of aloe vera, peeled
- Purified water
- Peel aloe vera’s skin and cut in skinny sticks. Wash and slice all the remaining ingredients except water and mint.
- In a glass container, add all your produce and pour purified water. Add mint and stick in the aloe vera.
- Store in the refrigerator and let it sit for at least 2 hours. Drink.
2. Lemon Detox Water
Lemon detox water is the easiest infused water to make.
But don’t let its simplicity fool you.
This lemon detox water brings as many health benefits as any other detox water. It includes but not limited to added vitamin C, potassium, and antioxidants (2).
Also when consumed with iron-rich foods, it increases your body’s iron absorption.
By adding a tad of freshness to otherwise boring water, it may also help you drink more water and hydrate better. As a result, it promotes digestive health, reduces bloating, and aids weight loss.
- 2 lemons
- 2 quarts of water
- Place 2 thinly sliced lemons in a pitcher after washing the lemon skin thoroughly. Add 2 quarts of water.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours to allow the lemons to infuse. Stir well and strain, discarding the lemons.
- Serve the water with fresh lemon slices and if you like a little kick, you can sprinkle a dash of cayenne pepper. The lemon detox water lasts for 1-2 days in the refrigerator.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
Apple cider vinegar drink is one of my other go-to health detox tonic drink. It’s one drink that’s a staple in my morning routine.
I do this to start my day helping the body flush toxins out.
Research seems to support apple cider vinegar benefits (3).
The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar is likely what drives its fat burning and weight loss, per studies.
To get the benefits, make your morning apple cider vinegar water below and drink.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp of Honey
- Combine all ingredients in a glass. Mix well with a spoon and then drink.
4. Strawberry Infused Water
This strawberry flavored drink is one of my favorite fruit-flavored waters to make.
It’s refreshing yet fruity.
It also helps that strawberries are one of the healthiest fruits.
Like other berries, they are highest in antioxidant content that beats oxidation.
With only 49 calories per cup, strawberries are also perfect for weight loss. Besides antioxidants, they contain Vitamin C, fiber, and some calcium, magnesium, and potassium (4).
All’ve been linked to reducing belly fat.
To make this refreshing strawberry infused water, here are the 4 easy steps:
- 5-6 strawberries
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Pitcher of water
- Cut your strawberries into slices.
- Place the strawberry into a glass, pitcher, or bottle infuser.
- Add some ice cubes and pour water over the strawberries. Water should completely cover the fruit slices.
- Store it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before enjoying it. The longer it sits, the more flavor you enjoy. It can last for a couple of days in the fridge.
I prefer my flavored water to sit for at least 1 hour before drinking, so the water can soak up the flavors.
Though much less flavor, I still like to refill to create the second batch of strawberry detox water.
5. Green Tea Drink
Green tea contains caffeine and polyphenols that affect the body in many great ways. Studies have shown that these different compounds may influence and increase your metabolism (5).
As we all know, that helps the body burn more calories, contributing to weight loss and belly fat loss.
In fact, one study shows green tea can boost your metabolism by 4 % (6).
This suggests that green tea could be instrumental in burning belly fat.
Even better, you can add green tea as part of your overall change in diet and exercise.
To add a tad of tangy taste and a nutritional boost, I add lemon slices to this powerful green tea detox drink.
Ok here’s how to make green tea lemon-infused water:
- 3 liters of purified water
- 6 green tea teabags
- 3 lemons, 1 sliced, and juice from 2
- Fresh Ginger
- Juice two of the lemons and slice one.
- Heat up a pot of water and add in the tea bags to make green tea. Let it sit for 10 -20 minutes. Peel 5 cm of fresh ginger and slice it. Add it to the mixture.
- Remove the tea bags from the pot and cool it down. Pour the tea liquid into the jar of lemons and ginger. Store it in the fridge for a couple of hours before drinking it.